Thursday, April 16, 2015

Day Two:




My view while I sip my morning coffee. 
I could really get used to this.

We get ready, find our way on the subway, and tour a little around the 9/11 memorial and the One World Trade Center.

     


We got lost for a few blocks, but finally found the American Express Tower, where we had lunch at Hudson Eats. I got an amazing Thai noodle bowl at Num Pang Sandwich Shop.

We picked up a cupcake at Sprinkles there too. 
The cupcake was amazing, but this view behind it is what made it a million times better. 
Kellie and I then went to find the Statue of Liberty. We found this wonderful, secluded section of benches right beside the water directly in the sunshine where we chilled out for about an hour. 
It was beautiful, warm, and peaceful. 
Who knew you could find a tiny spot in such an enormous place where not a single other person is in sight? 
I think we just got lucky on that one.
There she is off in the distance...

We got a hotdog and hot chocolate at a street cart, and shared it sitting on a bench on the corner of Wall Street.
 The Financial District, where 134 billion dollars is traded daily. 
Woah.

Definitely not like anything I've ever done before, but so much fun. We somehow navigated the subway train and found our way back to downtown Brooklyn to the apartment.

We got ready and went to dinner at New Topaz.
           (Thai for two meals that day, but I was completely 
               alright with that because both were 
                  exceptionally delicious)

I wanted to see Times Square at night, so we made our way from Midtown Center to Times Square. As we approached the street, I began experiencing the symptoms of falling in love; my heart sped up in my chest, butterflies swirled in my stomach, and gallons of excitement rushed through the veins in my entire body. We turned the corner and the lights hit my face, and I swear it was that moment that it happened... 
I fell in love.

I can say in all honesty that I've never in my life experienced anything like that before.


If it hadn't have been so late, I would've begged to simply sit on the curb and stare, because there was so much on that one street to see and feel. I could spend my whole life there, and be completely content.

Day two was incredibly relaxing and beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment