Thursday, April 16, 2015

Made For New York

Honestly, sitting in my bed back in my Georgia town and trying to sum up those five days in one simple blog post is almost equivalent to impossible. When picking up a southern girl, and dropping her in the middle of New York City, you would automatically assume disaster; however, for me, 
it was the complete opposite. 
I discovered something new to love with everything in me. 
During the first few days leading up to this trip, I started becoming scared. Of course, I was excited beyond belief, but I also felt afraid. I was afraid that I would get there and hate it. Or that I would be frightened by the harsh noises, attitudes of “New Yorkers”, and all the hostility that the 
quick pace environment brings. 
But, I couldn’t have been more wrong. Yes, that place is like constantly living in the fast lane. There’s no time to pause, or hardly take a breath. People are always moving, rushing, and the busy lifestyle consumes your every move. But, that is what is so beautiful about it. As soon as I stepped foot off the plane, the continuous, obnoxious honks and loud, fast zooms of cars and taxis became like music to my ears, I didn’t meet or talk to one single “rude” person, and there is absolutely zero hostility to be felt throughout the entire place. Like I had originally thought, New York City is encapsulated by passion, love, and endurance to turn dreams into reality. What New York City has to offer a person is truly unlike anything in the world. You can’t get it anywhere else. I joked before I left that I was going to come back completely changed, and in a sense, I do feel changed. Like Mr. O’neil said, there's something about it that just makes you feel alive, and whole. The part of me that longed so deeply for the city has been filled now that I have experienced something so incredible. I met people who have inspired me to not stop until I’ve reached my goals and fulfill the plan that has been set for my life because it’s not impossible. I’m thrilled to have been chosen as one to have this passion instilled in my heart, and I can not wait to see where it takes me. Now that all the fear, doubt, and negative feelings towards city life have been deemed completely false, I’m even more ready to take this on headfirst. 
(or heart first, whichever you prefer.) 
I know what I'm about to say is totally unoriginal and clichéd, but it’s never been as true as it is right now… 
I love NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment