Thursday, April 16, 2015

Day Five:

Originally, there wasn't supposed to be a "Day 5" because we were supposed to just wake up, and go straight to the airport. But, before we went to sleep the night before, we realized that we hadn't seen the Met Steps. There's no way I could leave without seeing something so significant.
 We were needing to be at the airport at 8:30am, and the Metropolitan Museum is all the way across town. This meant we got a 5:30am wake-up call. We packed up still half asleep, braved the freezing cold (because the sun was barely even out yet), caught the train, and walked for 20 minutes carrying all of our luggage, just to cross this last thing off the bucket list. When we finally made it, my first glance at the building washed away every ounce of the second thoughts I started having about trudging all the way across the city just for this moment. I forgot how early it was, how cold my fingers were, how utterly exhausted I was, and everything in me became filled with joy. Needless to say, I couldn't have asked for a more perfect ending to such a perfect trip than watching the sunrise from the Met Steps.


We somehow (by the grace of God & a little help from a homeless lady on the street corner) found our way from the Met, to the subway, then to the bus stop where the bus would pick us up and take us to the airport.
It was exhilarating trying to navigate our way through the crowds walking beside us at a million miles per hour. 
The fast pace keeps my adrenaline going.
It's a great feeling.

We waited at the bus stop in Queens, which was our first time there. Even though we didn't have time to walk around and explore, I can mark it off my list of places I went and add it to my list of places I want to visit again.


As I sat in the LaGuardia Airport, all I could think was if a genie were to appear out of my coffee cup right now to grant me one single wish, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind what it would be... 
...to stay here forever.
After having made my "New York City Bucket List" and achieving all the things on the list, you could say I'm now probably the happiest girl 
in the entire world. 


Adios, New York City. 
I'll be back soon, I promise.






No comments:

Post a Comment